Garage Door Will Not Close – If your garage door does not close all the way or manually, you should know the possible causes of this problem, so that you can see if you still need to call a professional worker or you can fix it yourself. Below are the common reasons why your garage door won’t close.
A photo-eye sensor is a device used to determine the distance of an object. It also knows whether something is there or not. The photo-eyes on your door are an essential feature for safety. Its function is simple if anything interrupts the beam, the sensor will signal to the system, and the door will not close. The most common cause of photo-eye blockage is due to obstructions. Each time the door closes, it activates the beam to detect if there is an object or person. If it noticed something, the door would probably stop closing. To summarize:
- The obstruction was likely the cause of the blocked photo-eye problem; the severity of this problem is mild. The solution would be to remove the obstruction. If the eyes are misaligned, I encourage you to take a service call.
Garage doors depend on different springs to open and close with no difficulty. It is easy to see and know when the springs have a damaged; even non-professional people will determine whether the springs have been broke or not. Broken springs are definitely will be the reason why would a door will misalign and not work correctly. A broken garage door spring can be very inconvenient and frustrating. To summarize:
- Problem with broken springs are caused by coll wear; the severity of this problem is paramount since it is one of the most dangerous and inevitable situations that can happen with a garage door. The solution for this issue would likely is to replace the spring. Remember to do not attempt to fix it manually by yourself, and we highly recommend always to call a service and leave the spring replacement to a professional.
If there is one more frightening problem that can happen to your garage door than the broken springs, it is probably the broken cable. These cables are an essential and functional part of the door garage, and it is responsible for the rise and fall of the door. If one of them is damaged, it will not work correctly and will cause the garage door not to close. A damaged or broken cable can be recognized immediately through visual inspection. To summarize:
Cable wear is the reason for broken and worn cable problems. The severity of this issue is paramount; the only solution to this problem is to replace the cables. We encourage you to contact a professional and well-trained garage door repair company for safety reasons.
The garage door track is also an essential part of the garage door system, so when one of them is bent, warped or damaged, the door will not close correctly. To summarize:
- The reason for the problem with misshape or bad tracks are pressure and wear, the severity of this issue is also paramount; the best solution for this is to replace the door’s tracks. We suggest that you call for a well-trained professional for the replacement of the door’s tracks.
Sometimes just because the door does not close does not mean that there is something wrong with the garage door. Sometimes it is on the remote or the motor of the garage door; in some instances, the cord that connects to the motor accidentally pulled causes the engine to be disconnected. It could be a human error. To summarize:
- A disconnected motor that causes the door not to close correctly is just a human error. The detached engine is only a minor problem, no need to call for a professional, reconnect the motor yourself.
- Almost of the reasons mentioned above are the issues that you can fix by yourself. However, some technical problems are better to be done by professional individuals who will be able to diagnose and handle the situation more safely, especially if you are not familiar with parts of the door garage. Following this advice will help to prevent such accidents.
Want a Garage Door Restoration? Seek for Professionals
If you are currently living from Ottawa, Kanata, Nepean or Vanier and you need help with your garage door restoration; we can provide you with a better and quality services, and your door will work appropriately in no time!