A married New Jersey woman and a mechanic reportedly died from carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in a parking garage earlier this week.
News outlet ABC 7 News reported the bodies of 39-year-old Tameka Hargrave, and an unnamed 56-year-old mechanic were found by dead woman’s husband, Kahali Johnson. The lovers were found in a parking garage in Newark, N.J.
Johnson claimed his wife was having sex with the mechanic in order to pay for work being done on his vehicle, something also confirmed by Newark Police, according to NBC 4 New York.
Johnson told ABC News he arrived at his apartment and noticed a strong odour coming from his home.
The man said he began investigating the premises after an alarm went off. Johnson said he traced the smell to the garage where he found his wife, her mechanic lover and a running car. The man claimed he found Hargrave on the ground and the mechanic appeared to be looking at the vehicle.
“As I tried to step to open the last garage door, I see the mechanic, he’s laid out,” Johnson told ABC 7 News. “She’s just a few feet away, she’s laid out. And pretty much I had to call 911, because at this time, with that level of emissions, I knew that they were gone.”
Newark police spokesperson Catherine Adams told NJ.com both Hargrave and the mechanic were pronounced dead on the scene.
“This incident is under investigation, but appears to be accidental,” Adams said.
While no cause of death was…