No one was injured in a fire at Minnesota Grain Pearling in East Grand Forks Sunday afternoon, Feb. 21.
East Grand Forks fire crews were dispatched to 316 5th Ave. NE just after 2 p.m. for a report of smoke coming from the five-story building, a release from the East Grand Forks Fire Department said.
Upon arrival, crews found smoke coming out of the back garage door at the top of the unoccupied building. Firefighters entered the building, found the fire on the main floor and extinguished it with 10 minutes upon arrival.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an electric motor that overheated and started the wood floor underneath it on fire, according to the release.
The fire department responded with three engines and an aerial with 25 personnel. They were assisted by the East Grand Forks Police Department and Altru Ambulance.